Conference call with OHX just concluded. Here’s the Cliffnotes version:
– Few changes to previous forecast as modeling has changed.
– Moisture will be building today.
– Best rain chances are tomorrow morning through tomorrow afternoon.
– Expect the rain to change to a wintry mix tomorrow afternoon, beginning in the NW counties.
– Expecting major travel impacts tomorrow evening and into Thursday.
– Very cold temps roll in Thursday. Expect those travel impacts to hold into Friday.
– Freezing rain threat is minimal…may .10″.
– Forecasted snow AND sleet accums: 4-6″ across the NW and Upper Cumberland Plateau. 2-4″ everywhere else. Lowest accums will be across the far SE counties.
– Travel impacts will steadily go downhill through the day across the midstate.
– Most folks will probably not be able to get to work on Thursday.
– Expected changeover time: 12p-3p across the NW counties; 3-8″ in Nashville, 8-12a across the southern I-24 corridor.
Modeling is still in a state of flux and these details can (and probably will change). Stay tuned to your favored reliable weather source.